Justin DeBlois, UX Designer
San Diego, CA 92124
UX Designer (contractor), Censys, Remote/San Diego, CA
May 2022 – Present
- Collaborate with the Censys demand-generation team to create successful landing page and website strategies.
- Design mobile and desktop landing pages in Figma and build the designs out in Unbounce to support PPC campaigns.
- Create and run A/B tests for Unbounce landing pages to increase conversion rates for PPC campaigns.
UX Designer, Power Digital Marketing, Remote/San Diego, CA
December 2020 – May 2022
- Collaborated with new and existing clients to create successful landing page and website strategies.
- Built user personas, wireframes, and design prototypes utilizing Atomic Design principles in Adobe XD.
- Managed landing page developers to build out more complex pages inside of Unbounce.
- Created and ran A/B tests for Unbounce landing pages to increase conversion rates for PPC campaigns.
- Developed improved and more efficient processes and training material for the landing page service offering.
Designer & Frontend Developer, Hamilton Education, San Diego, CA
February 2020 – December 2020
- Designed and implemented the new Hamilton Education website with WordPress working with the lead marketer to create strategies that increased lead generation by 87% from the previous year.
- Utilized CSS and JS to customize WordPress pages when the Divi page builder lacked functionality.
- Ran A/B tests on landing pages for PPC campaigns, optimizing for conversion rates of 10% or higher.
UI Designer & Frontend Developer, COVID-19 Tracker App, Remote
March 2020 – May 2021
- Created wireframes and prototypes in Figma to facilitate feedback from friends and coworkers about user flow and value of information.
- Implemented the frontend user interface of the web application utilizing the TailwindCSS framework and React.js.
- Tracked issues, bugs, and releases via GitHub integrated with Asana for team members who were unfamiliar with the GitHub platform.
UX Designer, KlientBoost, Costa Mesa, CA
October 2019 – February 2020
- Facilitated meetings with clients to gather requirements and establish measurable goals for their campaigns.
- Created all image assets, wireframes, prototypes, and landing pages, via Sketch and Figma, while collaborating with the account manager for the tracking of conversions in Google Analytics and Unbounce.
- Set A/B tests for landing pages via Unbounce.
Lead Web Designer, Usable.tools by Internews, Remote
December 2018 – September 2019
- Collaborated with the product manager to determine the flow of their intended users and help users access valuable information as fast as possible.
- Created mockups, prototypes, and other imagery needed for the developer to implement the new website with Figma.
Visual & Motion Designer, Entrepreneur Magazine, Irvine, CA
January 2018 – October 2019
- Created wireframes and prototypes in Adobe XD for various site enhancement projects with the goal of increasing ad impressions.
- Animated motion graphics and edited videos for our internal publications and social media teams in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Produced a design system for internal use resulting in greater efficiency, productivity, and overall brand consistency with Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries and XD shared assets.
Graphic Designer, Von Sands Creative, Aliso Viejo, CA
June 2014 – December 2017
- UX Design
- Design Systems & Libraries
- Frontend Development
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- A/B Testing
- Wireframing & Prototyping
- User Personas
- Print Design
- Motion Graphics
- Adobe Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, After Effects, & Premiere Pro)
- Tailwind, Bootstrap, & Materialize
- Swift UI
- Figma, Sketch & InVision
- HTML, CSS, & JS
- WordPress, Shopify, & Squarespace
- Unbounce Page Builder
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Jira & Asana
- Slack & Discord
B.A. Studio Art (Minor in Informatics), 2016
University of California, Irvine
Studied design and photography in combination with Human-Computer Interaction to explore connections between design and human behavior.
Product Design Certificate – Dribbble’s Product Design Course, 2022
A mentor-based course over 12 weeks that focused on developing 3 product portfolio projects while diving deep into the product design process and the tools to create them.
DEFCON Crypto Village, 2020
Gave a talk on our web application that tracked and gathered COVID-19 applications that tracked symptoms of the general public around the world.
COVID-19 App Tracker, 2020
USABLE – Open Source Tools, 2020
Get In Touch
Let's work together
If you have a website or mobile app idea in mind or you need some advice about design, feel free to contact me.
Reply time: within 1 to 2 working days
© All rights reserved.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]